Tonight, I picked up this term’s output from my pottery class.

Candle holder for the garden.

Since Easter, I made two mugs and a vase (all centred by myself - the bit where the clay flies off the wheel if you don’t do it properly), a kind of squashed bowl (not centred myself), and a hand-moulded (thumbpot) candle holder for the garden.


Unfortunately, I didn’t stir the glaze well enough so the colour of the mugs is rather washed out. And the mugs don’t quite match the tea caddy that I made last term.

Tea caddy for work.

The tea caddy is probably the best finished piece so far but the mugs are my best achievement.

I’ve signed up for more classes in September.